Friday, June 3, 2011

May at the Kennedy's

Our new house in Springhill, LA
Here I am, back on the blog!  Each month I have been doing a monthly update post to share what's been happening with us and how God has been graciously working.  I thought I would take a moment to continue that now and fill you in on what our May looked like.

God has been so good to us!  We started off this month by flying down to northern Louisiana for a couple days in view of a potential ministry position at a local church for Zach.  It was a wonderful time of seeking the Lord's will, meeting and fellowshipping with other believers, and eating some good food.  By the end of the weekend the church extended an invite for us to come and we gladly accepted!  Thus began our journey to Springhill, LA!



The following two weeks consisted of:  visiting family and friends in Greensboro, buying furniture (because we had none), closing out bank accounts, making a quick trip to Raleigh, renting a U-haul, picking up our furniture we had bought at 3 different locations, driving to our old apartment in Cullowhee and loading up our stuff there, driving to Memphis, quick visit with my sister and brother-in-law, driving to Louisiana, unloading the truck (with a bunch of help from others), and beginning the unpacking process.  Whew! Let's just say we did quite a bit of driving last month.

He drove the U-haul and trailer the entire 24+ hours of the trip.  I was not about to get behind that wheel...

"What's that, honey?  Do I want a turn driving the big, scary truck?..... No thanks.  I'm perfectly content driving my pretty blue car and sipping my Starbucks." :-)

We received such a warm welcome from our new church family as they helped us unload the U-haul and put furniture together, had the house freshly painted, and had trimmed hedges and planted flowers in our yard.  It feels like home already!  My parents were able to come down here the last weekend in May and help us get some stuff unpacked and set up in the house.

I am so thankful for our new home that God has provided through the church and am so excited about the adventure that still lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment