Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Labor Day Post

Here it is, the beginning of September.  The cooler days, the crisper night air, the start of football games, the first pumpkin spice latte of the season....  all of these things are reminders of the closing of summer and the ushering in of autumn.  Even here in the deep south we are beginning to feel a fall breeze.  And, believe me, after seemingly endless days of temps in the 100's this summer, it is a welcome friend.

Since I let the whole summer go by without blogging and, though there are many things I could share about, instead of doing a catch-up post I'm going to just pick right up in the present.  Let's start with a labor day weekend post.  :-)

We had a great labor day weekend with Ashley (my sister), Zach (brother-in-law) and their pups who came down from Memphis, TN for a couple days.   Although it was overcast and a little rainy all weekend the temps were a blissful low to mid 80's.  Hallelujah!  We had a good time with them and enjoyed being able give them a glimpse of our lives here.  Saturday we had a relaxing morning of sleeping in followed by starting the day with coffee and cinnamon rolls.  *Sidenote*  I had my first cup of coffee that morning since being pregnant.  All during my first trimester coffee suddenly became repulsive to me and I couldn't stand the smell or taste of it.  Now that I'm in my second trimester the aversion I had to coffee has faded away and so I thought I would try to drink a little bit (don't worry, I didn't drink too much).  Well, it tasted SO good that morning that I had not one but two cups.  About an hour later I started to get the shakes really bad!  I guess being off of coffee for over 2 months had nullified the immunization to caffeine I had once had.  I knew if I was feeling super shaky my baby had to be feeling it to.  I could just picture he/she in there kicking up a storm, haha!    Later that day we went on a short driving tour of our little town and had dinner at a local restaurant.  Sunday we went to church and then made the 45 minute drive to the "big city" for lunch and some shopping.

Toby claimed this chair for himself the first morning.
Sam "sitting pretty".  She's a smart one!




What a pretty girl!

















Eating dinner at Sam's Southern Eatery.

Enjoying our cups of coffee in all of our morning glory.

Zach and I also celebrated our 1 year anniversary this past Sunday.  This past year has brought us many adventures with a new state, new home, new community, new job, and a new baby on the way!  I'm very thankful and looking forward to what this next year holds.




To wrap up our Labor Day weekend Zach and I took a trip out to a nearby state park for a couple hours of hiking and spending some time praying and reading together.  The weather was so gorgeous today and I figured I better make the most out of it before I get too big to walk for very long! 

Hope your Labor Day weekend was fun and restful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment