Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day and an Overnight Trip to Hot Springs

Last Sunday I enjoyed my first Mother's Day with my cute little boy.  I am so blessed to be his mom and to be able to spend every single day with him.  He has grown so much since he was born.  He smiles all the time now and even lets out some giggles on occasion.  It's amazing to see his little personality shine though.  He is very laid back and content, but when it's meal time he wants his food now!  Just check out those chubby thighs!  Must take after me in that.  Um, in his love for food, I mean.... not in the chubby thighs... Anywho...

We went on an overnight trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas to celebrate the day and get out of town for a bit.  The plan was to drive up there after church on Sunday and spend most of the day Monday as well.  Unfortunately,  Zach was fighting a terrible cold the whole time we were there. :(  We spent Sunday evening relaxing in our hotel room and on Monday, since Zach was sick, we ended up coming home earlier than we had hoped.  Before leaving Hot Springs though we did manage to spend about 2 hours in the historic downtown district.  We had brunch at a little hole-in-the-wall place called the Colonial Pancake and Waffle House, which was apparently featured in Southern Living magazine at one point.  After that we did a little window shopping along the main strip.


I had to take a picture of this cupcake shop because I thought the name was hilarious!  Anybody want a cupcake?


We went by Bathhouse Row where the street is aligned with historic bathhouses.  The architecture of the buildings was beautiful. 


Next time we go we will have to make our way more into the park and see some of the natural hot springs.  Although they did have a few hot springs "on display" in front of the bathhouses.  I stuck my hand in and yes, it was very hot!


Zach was a sport because, even though strolling and window shopping is no where close to being his favorite thing to do, he knew that I would enjoy it.  And I most certainly did. :) 

Have a Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment