Monday, July 2, 2012

What's For Dinner?

Last week at our regular Wednesday night youth service I was able to teach our youth a little about the purpose of biblical missions and to share some about my post-college experience as a 2 year missionary overseas.  I always love it when I get the chance to talk about North Africa and my reflections last week left me hungry for some good North African cuisine.  So, naturally, when I sat down to plan out our meals for this week I had to include something with a Moroccan flair!  I've made Vegetable Tagine before, but this time I wanted to try making something different. 

I've had a Pinterest account for a while but have rarely used it much until recently.  I guess you could say I've been a late bloomer jumping on the Pinterest bandwagon.  Lately, I've been loving it though and have found some awesome recipes! Several of the meals I'm making this week and next are recipes I found through Pinterest.  One recipe I found on my sister-in-law's pin board was for Moroccan Stir Fry.  I don't think they actually make stir fry in Morocco (at least not the way Americans know it), but two of my favorite things, Morocco and stir fry, seemed like a winning combination!

Doesn't this look delicious?



My Menu Plan for the Week
I have several chicken breasts in the freezer that I want to cook, so most of our meals this week inlude chicken.

Monday:  Chicken Tacos with black beans and spanish rice

Tuesday: Moroccan Stir Fry served over rice or noodles

Wednesday: We are going out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings with friends from church and then to
                     see 4th of July fireworks.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Pizza (Veggie or Buffalo Chicken) with salad

Saturday: TBD

Sunday: Leftovers or something easy


I'll be having some fun in the kitchen this week with my little helper.  I hope you have a great Fourth of July week filled with laughter, good food, and good friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment