Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cookie Recipe and a Meal Plan

Why is it that a good majority of my blog posts seem to be about food?  Hmm... Well, keeping with the theme, here is yet another food related post! 

I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday and decided to give them a try since they looked so simple to make.  They are delicious!  The texture is very soft and muffin-like.  I may be sneaking them to eat for breakfast. ;-)  They are also chocked full of pumpkin, making them a fairly healthy treat.  Even my husband, who is not crazy about pumpkin, liked them!  I thought I'd share the recipe here with you.

Ingredients:

1 box spice cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips (I used a little over half a bag)
1 egg
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I didn't have that, so I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp all spice)
15 oz. pumpkin puree

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix ingredients together.  Place spoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes.
*Yields 3 dozen cookies
 

So easy!  


I baked half of the cookie dough and the other half I froze for the next time we get a craving for something sweet.  To freeze the dough I placed spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (I did my best to roll them into little balls, but the dough was really sticky), then put them in the freezer until they were hard.  After that, I put the individual frozen cookie dough balls into zip-lock bags and stuck them back in the freezer for later. 

While we're on the subject of food, here is our menu plan for this week.  I always like to see what others are making for dinner.  The internet is a great way to be able to share new recipes, ideas and inspiration with each other.  

On our table this week:

Monday:  Grilled Chicken Tacos w/ black beans (toppings included shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado and sour cream)

Tuesday:  Jambalaya w/Ham and salad (I have half a ham leftover from Christmas that I am trying to use up)

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  Baked Macaroni and Cheese, steamed broccoli and biscuits

Friday:  Homemade Pizza (probably pepperoni and veggie)

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday:  Not quite sure yet.  Probably something simple or leftovers.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll leave you with some photos of my little guy getting his snack on.  :) 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment