Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meal Planning Monday (A Day Late): Recipe For Pumpkin-Sage Cream Sauce

Hello all!  It seems that I'm just a little behind on posting my meal plan for this week.  I didn't post one last week because I was out of town for a few days and declared it Cook's Week Off. :-)  Now I'm back and ready to get into my routine again of preparing beforehand what meals we will eat.



I wanted to share with you this great recipe I found for a pumpkin-sage cream sauce.  I had some left-over pumpkin and, rather than making pumpkin pancakes or pumpkin muffins, I wanted to try something different with it.  Something that could be a dinner option.  I decided to try this cream sauce over pasta.  Final Verdict?  Can we say YUM!!  Even my husband, who is not a big pumpkin lover, enjoyed it.  Here is the recipe that I used:

Pumpkin-Sage Cream Sauce

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tbls. ground sage (you can add less if you desire)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tbls. unsalted butter

Combine the cream, pumpkin puree, Parmesan, sage, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the mixture until slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately.

I also added smoked turkey sausage and broccoli to the dish.  I sliced 3 pre-cooked smoked turkey sausage links into pieces, browned them in a pan, along with 1/2 a bag of frozen broccoli.  Once the sausage and broccoli were browned and tender, I tossed the pasta, sausage, broccoli and sauce together.  Delicious!  This ended up being about 4 servings.

On the menu this week:
Monday: We had dinner out
Tuesday:  BCM dinner (sandwiches and chips)
Wednesday: Dinner at church
Thursday:  Ravioli Lasagna; Salad and Garlic Bread (this recipe came from my good friend, Rebekah.)
Friday:  Chicken Curry over Brown Rice; Steamed Veggies and Naan.
Saturday:  It's UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) night!  What's always on the menu for UFC?
                 WINGS!
Sunday: Leftovers


More recipe ideas for using leftover pumpkin:
10 Ways to Use the Last 1/2 Cup of Leftover Pumpkin Puree








No comments:

Post a Comment