Friday, January 28, 2011

Storage Closet Makeover Results!


After a few months of deliberating about when a good time would be to clean out and organize the storage closet in the entryway, I finally decided that there was not going to be a better time than the present.  So, last Wednesday afternoon and evening I spent a little time getting to work on it.  It took way less time than I thought it was going to.  I was all prepared to have a "mess with a purpose" in my living area for a couple days... that might have been a slight miscalculation.  I was able to clean everything out, dispose of unnecessary clutter, categorize items, and put them away neatly in about 2 1/2 hours!  
I was planning on doing a video to give you a glimpse of the finished product, but I ended up going out of town this past weekend to visit some friends and didn't ever get around to making one.  A picture tour is just as fun though. :) You can see a video of what it looked like before here.  


I stuck all the empty boxes that I don't need right now, but also don't want to throw away because of our upcoming move, on the top shelf.  Items that I use on a regular basis I put on the lower shelves for better accessibility.  




Chef Boyardee... ick.  We must have that hanging around for a really rainy day.  (Although, it used to be a fave of mine when I was a kid... yea).  

The cardboard boxes and suitcases that were covering the floor before were stacked away neatly and there is now room to walk in without stepping on anything. What project can I tackle next?  :)  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment