Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Favorite Spot At Home


I have one favorite place in my home.

The spot that's all mine is this chair.  I'm pretty much the only one that ever sits in it and I like it that way.

In my last apartment my spot was on the kitchen table, and I would have to push my work stuff over to the side every time anyone wanted to eat there.  

I curl up in this chair in the mornings with my Bible and coffee.  Most of my computer time is spent here (hence the computer cord).  The books I'm currently reading are kept on the table next to my chair. 

Sometimes the table gets overrun with papers, remotes, and other random things.  Sometimes it's neat and tidy.  Sometimes the chair gets piled up with coats and clothes that we just discard there.  I do my best to keep it clear of clutter, though, so that when I walk into the living area in the morning it is there waiting to peacefully welcome me into another day.  

It's restful to have a personal place to be able to sit and work or read.

Do you have a spot like this in your home?  What is your favorite place?

No comments:

Post a Comment