Friday, March 18, 2011

March Menu (For 2 Weeks)

I did something today.  I sat down and planned out our meals that we will have for the rest of the month.  This is a good accomplishment for me because, up until now, I have only been menu planning for one week at a time.  Since I'm new to this, starting with one week has been manageable for me, but now I think I've gotten the hang of it enough to wear I feel comfortable planning for 2 weeks at a time.  Baby steps, right?

I have very much enjoyed the process of putting together a meal plan.  Even though it does take a bit of time, it is something I look forward to doing every week.

Is it because I just love FOOD so much.

Or is it the organizing I love?

Maybe I just like Organizing Food?!

Being able to sift through recipes... putting together the ingredients I have with the ingredients I need to buy like a puzzle... then actually cooking it and seeing your creation come together... and then eating it.  I love it all!

So, I thought I would share the love and post my meal plan for the next 2 weeks.

On the Table the Rest of This Week

Friday (tonight):  Vegetable Lasagna with garlic bread
Saturday:  Cheesesteak Sandwiches (minus the mayo)  I'm making these for lunch and we will be going out to eat in Asheville that night. (It's fight night!)
Sunday: Leftovers



Week of March 21


Monday:  Southwest Chicken Salad with tortilla chips and salsa (I'll use the leftover chicken to make quesadillas for lunch one day.)
Tuesday:  BCM Dinner (no cooking for me that night)
Wednesday:  We are having dinner at our church
Thursday:  Black Bean Wraps
Friday:  Honey Dijon Chicken Sandwiches with steamed broccoli and carrots
Saturday:  Leftovers
Sunday:  We are going out of town this day


Week of March 28

Monday:  We will still be out of town (coming back home that evening)
Tuesday:  BCM Dinner
Wednesday:  Dinner at our church
Thursday:  Chickpea, Lentil and Rice Stew
Friday - Sunday:  We will be out of town for the Campus Ministry Spring Conference this weekend, so we will most likely have leftovers on Sunday evening.


I hope you enjoyed having a little sneak peak into my "end of March" meal plan.  I really enjoy putting these menus together and so love sharing it with you!  Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment