Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks

Family, friends, Macy's Parade on T.V. and PIE!!!  These are my favorite things about Thanksgiving.  I love gathering around a table full of food with the people I care for.  Every year I am reminded of how many reasons there are to have a thankful heart.  The past few years I have enjoyed some great Thanksgivings with very special people in different parts of the world.  This year, I am looking forward to spending this holiday with my husband and his side of the family.  

Thanksgiving 2007 in Morocco
Taking a moment to consider what I am thankful for this year, I am overjoyed with how much there is to be grateful for.  A few things I am thankful for this year are: 

1.)  My husband.  I remember very well this time last year persistently asking God to "give me to be a wife to a good, godly man".  He answered this prayer in a way that was beyond my imagination.  He is a good God and I am so thankful for the man he brought into my life at just the right time.  

2.)  God's grace and sanctification in my life.  He has forgiven me far beyond what I deserve and loves me with an everlasting love.  And I realize that if it weren't for Him taking the initiative in the process of making me holy, I would forever continue in my sin without a second thought.  I am thankful for his discipline, kindness, and love as he continues to bring me to completion.

3.) My family.  I have a family that always loves and supports me.  Much of the person I am today is because of the influence they had on me.

4.)  The freedom we have in the U.S.  Never again will I take this one for granted.

5.) My tutoring job.  I absolutely love my current tutoring position and find great satisfaction in it.  I enjoy the other ladies I tutor with and the kids are so special.  Even before moving out to the mountains we were praying for a job to open up that would be a good fit for me for the time that we are here.  This job was an answer to prayer.

Thanksgiving 2008 with family & friends in Ohio
What are you thankful for this year?  Happy Thanksgiving!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment