Saturday, April 30, 2011

Boxes & Bubble Wrap


We're packing up our apartment to move!  As I've shared all along, the internship that Zach has been doing here in the mountains is coming to an end.  Next week will be his last week working and immediately after that we will be flying to a southern state for a couple days to hopefully finalize details for where we will be heading next.  We are very excited for this great ministry opportunity the Lord is opening up.  A few of you may already know what I am referring to but if you don't, I promise I will share details once everything is squared away.


A Few Things I've Learned During the Packing Process
1.  I am thankful the biggest piece of furniture we own is a 47 x 28 inch table and that we don't have a house full of stuff to pack up.  Especially since we're packing it all in a week.

2.  It really does help to pack like items together (dishes with dishes, towels with towels).  Seems like common sense, but it's one of the most practical tips for simplifying when packing and unpacking.  Try not to mix things up that don't go together.  As you can see from this picture I never do that:

3.  Use packing as an excuse to declutter and throw or give things away you don't need or use anymore.  

4.  This is not the time to try out your iron chef skills.  Silly me, I actually had made a menu plan for this week.  Needless to say the plan went into the trash and our dinner this week has consisted of cereal and peanut butter sandwiches.  

5.  Conveniently being at the grocery store between 11:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. and/or 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. is never a bad thing when you are on the hunt for free boxes.

6.  My husband looks hot even when he's packing.

Happy Weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Does that southern state happen to be Alabama???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that would be fun if it was! It's not though. I will tell you that my husband is going to be something pretty similar to what your husband is doing! Yay!

    ReplyDelete