Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipe for Easy Cheddar Biscuits Using Pancake Mix

Hello all!  Zach and I are getting ready to start our Christmas Vacation in 2 days and counting.  We are seriously excited!  In preparing to leave our home for 2 1/2 weeks, I'm in the process of cleaning and semi-organizing so that we can return to a peaceful apartment at the end of it all.  Part of my cleaning process has been to buy the bare minimum at the grocery store this week and use up the food we have.  I have a box of Great Value (gotta love the Wal-Mart brand!) pancake and waffle mix that I have been finding ways to put to good use in our meals.  I came across this recipe for cheddar biscuits using pancake mix and it is really yummy!  We had them with dinner a few nights ago and I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys here.

Cheddar Buttermilk Drop Biscuits


Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Great Value Complete Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix (or any pancake mix you prefer)
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. dry mustard

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, stir together pancake mix and remaining ingredients until dough forms. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. 
Yields nine biscuits. 


Well, there you go!  If you're looking for an easy, delicious biscuit recipe I recommend you give this one a try.  Alright, I'm off to get some more cleaning and packing done!


1 comment:

  1. Wanted drop biscuits & had pancake mix on hand, found your recipe after google search. So tried these w/dinner (didn't have dry mustard tho) & it yielded 24. Must be good, family of 4 & weren't too many leftover! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete