Monday, January 3, 2011

December at Our Home

December was a wonderful month for us.  The college ministry Zach works with wrapped up the first semester, as did the school that I tutor at.  Since our jobs both follow the school schedule, we had three weeks of time off.  

Our vacation started off with several days in the Raleigh area.  Zach graduated from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary with his Master's of Divinity after three years of hard work!  Here we are with my parents and Zach's mom.  
So, what's next for us?  Ideally, for now we feel that God is leading us to full-time ministry in a local church somewhere in the U.S.  The collegiate ministry internship that we're currently doing will be ending in May of this year, so we have already begun to diligently pursue where we might go next.  At this point, we have no idea where that will be, but we know that God is sovereign and faithful and He will reveal that to us at the right time.  


After our time in Raleigh we drove up to Ohio and spent a week with my family there.  We had a great Christmas with my parents, sister and brother-in-law.  The days were filled with conversation over morning coffee, trips to the mall, icing sugar cookies, attending a Christmas Eve service, seeing a couple good movies, opening presents, seeing many old friends, enjoying one another's company and rejoicing in our Savior's birth.

We drove back to Greensboro, NC to spend New Year's Eve with some of Zach's family.  Unfortunately, I had a really bad headache and ended up ringing in the New Year in bed but, thankfully, the rest did me good. 

Now we're looking forward to this next year and seeing what changes God brings for us.  I'm also working on my planning and organizing for a peaceful, fruitful home and schedule for 2011!  I will look forward to sharing my ideas with you all soon!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment